Collagen Induction Therapy Microchanneling
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), also known as microchanneling or derma-rolling, is a cosmetic procedure which is minimally invasive with no downtime. CIT helps the skin to produce collagen, which produces firmer, healthier, younger-looking skin.
Although microchanneling techniques are being embraced across the country as a new effective technology, at Germantown Aesthetics we have paired up a mechanical and laser energy combination for a more robust result with similar downtime. Our layered CIT + approach allows for more profound results with a lesser number of treatments than traditional CIT and is effective for improving acne scars, pore size, and overall skin tone and texture. Our aesthetician says: “Microdermabrasion is so 90s”.
What are the benefits of Collagen Induction Therapy?
- Minimizes pore size
- Evens skin tone and texture
- Increases collagen production
- Decreases appearance of fine lines, sun damage, acne scars and age spots
- Can be used on any skin type
- Can be used not only for the facial area but on most areas of the body
- Allows for much greater absorption of topical skincare products (up to 80%)